RSS Feed

Restart.

This was posted in the facebook 1912 Project Chat  group.

This was posted in the facebook 1912 Project Chat group. Very important to remember.

The Project That Never Quite Was.

Due to an overwhelming response and some life and job transitions of the people running the project, it really didn’t go quite as planned and as of the end of this year the project has come to a close. I did sew one child’s apron and downloaded a couple other patterns, but just haven’t had the time to do much else. So I may still add posts about sewing project from time to time, but for now the sewing portion of this blog is on a back burner. There is still a facebook group from that project and it’s a great group of people plus an excellent resource for creative ideas. So many ideas, so little time.

What have I gotten myself into?

I think I may be in over my head!  Time to dog paddle.   I took the leap and downloaded Crossover and then PatternMaker onto my lovely little Mac.  It worked!  But now I have some homework to do to figure out how to use the program and be ready to download a 1912 pattern when it is ready.  The race is on. (Did I just change metaphors there?)

For directions on installing PatternMaker on a Mac, click here. (From the menu on left side select Setup & Registration: PatternMaker on a Mac: Installing PatternMaker with CrossOver. Read it all the way through, there is a tip about not opening the PatternMaker program right away.)

Links I used:

CrossOver

PatternMaker for The 1912 Project

 

And while we’re on the subject of being in over my head… this is my first attempt at a blog.  All critique and suggestions for improvement will be greatly appreciated.

The sewing space is clean(ish), now I just have to figure out how to put pictures in a blog.

Today I redeemed one of my Christmas gift certificates for 4 hours of Alone Time.  I put aside the list of things I “should” do and decided to focus on things I wanted to do.  After a good cup of tea and a long hot shower, I managed to clean up my sewing space while watching Out of Africa and chatting with a good friend.  And now for the proof… though I didn’t take before pictures so you’ll just have to trust me.

These are not the best quality pictures but I can’t find my camera and this is mostly for learning to use the blog anyway.  The important thing is all those little drawers and bins are clean and somewhat organized so I should be able to find what I need when my first 1912 Project pattern shows up in the mail.  And it is remarkably easy to add pictures.

The 1912 Project

The 1912 Project.

This is the project… patterns from 1912 being transcribed and tested.  This April is apparently the 100th anniversary of the Titanic.  Wonder if anyone is doing a re-enactment?  Think I’ll pass.

Hello world!

Well, I started this blog in an attempt to stay a step ahead of my (then) 8 year old daughter and help her do her own blog… that was months ago.  Maybe now she can show me how to do this.

The reason for picking it up again is that I came across something called The 1912 Project, by the Vintage Pattern Lending Library (didn’t even know there was such a thing… drooling already).  So basically I may have the opportunity to sew patterns from 1912 in exchange for blogging about it.  Worth a try.  Sent in my info this morning, better get the sewing space cleaned up  and figure out how this whole blog thing works.  =)

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.